Thursday, May 6, 2010

32 Weeks!

And no more than 4 to go!

I'm definitely starting to feel some contractions here and there. They're never "rhythmic" and I don't think I'm having more than four per hour, so according to my doctor we shouldn't be too concerned just yet. They're pretty random and mostly come when I'm sitting a certain way.

My lab work came back normal; my platelet levels, etc. were good, so no pre-eclampsia. I'm relieved! It's really hard to tell if the swelling in my feet (and occasionally my fingers) is something to worry about or if it's normal pregnancy stuff compounded by the humidity. I love the nurse who handles the nurse line at my doctor's office so I feel comfortable knowing I can always call and ask her when I'm feeling unsure about something. Which is about once a week or more.

My hormones are just ridiculous at this point. I cry every day over something, and sometimes for no reason at all. It usually starts over something simple like burnt toast (today's example) and inevitably snowballs into "I can't do this anymore" blubbering. It's a good release, anyway. Also, I've never been so thirsty in my entire life. Drinking water is like breathing for me right now. Ah, how I would love a tall, cold, fruity, coconut-y something or other with a little umbrella sticking out of it. If I weren't so paranoid about something happening - and if a 2.5 hour drive weren't the most uncomfortable thing I can imagine right now - I'd seriously consider having Kevin take me to the beach this weekend. I just want to sit and look at the ocean (with that fruity drink in my hand). For now, I'll just close my eyes and pretend.

2 comments:

  1. Aww! I'm the same way here lately. I'm an emotional mess. I just want to be DONE and have two perfectly healthy babies to take home!

    I'm extremely thirsty & my appetite has taken on a whole new level as of yesterday. I can't get enough to eat or drink. It's 75 degrees out today and I'm sweating like it's 100.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Lacey! I was an emotional mess this morning, and can totally relate. I debated blogging about it, but I think that I just might. And funny thing is, I've been craving a trip to the beach too. As in CRAVING, not desiring. My husband swears that I'd never wear a maternity bathing suit, though, and I think he's right :-) Anyway, glad your appointment went well!

    ReplyDelete