I thought Mondays were only supposed to be lame when they marked the beginning of the work week. Apparently, that's not the case. It seems that you can get a case of the Mondays even when you no longer work. I get used to having the hubby home all weekend...then, come Monday morning, he's off to the real world again and I realize that I'm stuck here by myself all day. Thank goodness for Sampson. My furry buddy is a pretty good companion to have around. The conversation leaves a little to be desired, though.
We had a nice Mother's Day with an impromptu weekend visit from my mom and mamaw. They drove down early Saturday and stayed the night, then went back Sunday afternoon. I know it was a lot of driving for them, but I really enjoyed having them here even for a short time. They helped me with some finishing touches in the babies' room, brought us Chinese food, and gave me a little at-home pedicure; my toes were getting pretty scary since I can't reach them anymore. Since I've totally dropped the ball on basically everything, I hadn't even gotten them cards, so Kevin came up with the idea of making them a special Mother's Day breakfast. With a little help, I was able to put together a breakfast casserole, which made me realize how much I miss cooking. We served it with some fruit, juice, and coffee and it made a nice little spread. I think they enjoyed it, and I also think it's an excellent tradition to start. I'll be expecting my Mother's Day breakfast in bed next year.
My wrists are killing me! Stupid carpal tunnel! Tell me again how this is at all related to being pregnant?
I'm also having the occasional sharp pain on either side of my lower abdomen. It doesn't feel like a contraction (or what I think a contraction is supposed to feel like), it's just a quick flash of stabbing pain. Last night I was feeling a lot of them and was debating calling the doctor, but I fell asleep while I was still mulling it over so I guess it wasn't too much of an emergency. I haven't really noticed it today, but if it starts up again I'll definitely call. The more of these new sensations I experience, the more I start to believe that things might start happening soon. My brother-in-law has predicted May 11 as D-day, and that's tomorrow. We're thinking maybe we should take his predictions pretty seriously. When we first got the official word from the doctor that I was indeed pregnant, they told us that based on my extremely high hormone levels, there "might be more than one." After we shared the news with family, my brother in law laughingly pronounced that he bet we would be having triplets. Not only was he right about that, he also informed us we would be having three girls long before we found out. I have an appointment tomorrow, so let's see if he can go three for three.
Monday, May 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! He's been dead on. You may just have those babies tomorrow. :)
ReplyDelete