Sunday, May 2, 2010

Spoke Too Soon

Yep, spoke too soon about the whole "second wind" thing. I'm back to being a big immobile lump. It doesn't help that it's been 90 here all weekend. Was it really me who said I never again want to live anywhere colder than this? I only meant it back in February. I'd like to take it back now, please.

I had a(nother) good cry this afternoon, just because. Because I'm bored and I'm ready to be done. Because I've forgotten what my normal life used to be like. Because it's hot and it hurts to move. Waahhh. Anyway, hubby provided lots of comfort, as always, and then a good friend came by for a visit and brought barbecue chips and cheese puffs. Things are looking up.

And...as of this morning, the carseats are assembled and installed. I still want to be rid of this money-draining Jeep (seemed like such a good idea when I was working two jobs instead of none), but at least all three carseats fit in the back. Of course, if Kevin drives, he'll basically be sitting on top of the steering wheel. Then again, we're guessing there won't be that many outings in the early days in which we haul all three newborns to the same place at the same time. Looks like we'll be in the market for a van sooner than we thought, even if it does mean we lose a little on the Jeep. I'm pulling a Scarlett O'Hara on this one: I'll think about that tomorrow.

Oooooh, maybe I'll get Kevin to rent Gone With the Wind for me. I could knock out an entire day watching that.

1 comment:

  1. Not only is it hot out today, but it's rainy and my husband went into work. So I'm right there with ya! If I recall, you're usually perked up on Mondays, so hopefully you're feeling better!! :) Not much longer to go!

    ReplyDelete