Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The date has been set

My C-section has been scheduled for June 3. That's the third day of JUNE. As in, not in the current month. I would be 36 weeks exactly, which is considered full term for triplets. The doctor still insists I won't make it that far; she only set the date to "help me mentally." Uh...? Quite the opposite, but whatever. She told me she has yet to see a triplet mom make it to their scheduled C-section, but that I could always be the first. However, she is confident that by scheduling the date she has sufficiently jinxed me to deliver earlier. We'll see.

Please don't think less of me for my lack of enthusiasm. I do want the biggest, healthiest babies possible. I guess I'm being selfish, and I'm sure there are moms of preemies who would love to trade places with me. I WILL work on my attitude. I just worry about not being able to walk. Or breathe. Or go to the bathroom independently.

I did have to have blood work done today to check for signs of impending pre-eclampsia. This is actually one of the main issues that cause triplet moms to have to deliver before the 36 week point (so clearly, I should be careful what I wish for. Pre-eclampsia is not something I want to have). Right now my swelling is just in my feet and still looks normal, and my blood pressure is still in the safe range, but it's higher than it has been at my last couple of visits so they want to start keeping a close eye on it now. The lab results should be back in tomorrow. I'm a little nervous and will be waiting impatiently for their call.

3 comments:

  1. Um, are you apologizing for not wanting to get to 36 weeks? Stop that!! I'm having only two and I can't even imagine how I'll feel in a month from now! And not that having to be in the NICU is a good thing, but if they are for a few days or just a week for observation, well, that will give you a week to recover. If you do get there, though, consider it a badge of honor....and something you can hold over your daughter's heads for many years to come lol :)

    Good luck with your blood work. I have a good feeling that you'll be okay, but keep us, the blogging world, posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you received good results today! Half the time I'm hoping these guys will make their appearance early, and the other half I'm in a panic because I still feel so unprepared!

    Happy anniversary to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks gals - everything came back normal, so I'm relieved!

    ReplyDelete