Friday, April 30, 2010

31 Weeks (plus 1 day)

Another week has passed! I'm happy to report that I survived the full moon (but I love how all my friends e-mailed me the next morning to ask "Are you still pregnant?"). The question is, will I survive this heartburn? The jury's still out on that one.

It seems like it's getting a little harder to pass the days. I'm so over watching TV, reading, and playing online, but there just isn't much else for me to choose from. At this point it seems too late to start any kind of crafty project. It does kind of feel like I've gotten my second wind in this pregnancy, though. I suddenly have a little more energy to be on my feet and I find that I want to expend most of it in the nursery getting things ready (which translates into me walking around touching everything, looking at outfits for the millionth time, and practicing putting the crib rails up and down with one hand. I guess there really isn't that much left to get ready; I just like being in the room). We've had great weather too, so it's been nice sitting out back on the swing. Funny how when I'm inside, I can never just be still; I always have to have the TV on or my laptop open. But when I'm outside, I can just sit and do nothing and be perfectly happy.

I've been feeling reflective lately as I sort through all the emotions that come along with realizing how much our lives are about to change. This time last year, my biggest concerns were whether or not to go back to school yet again and complete Montessori training (glad I decided not to), which summer concerts to see, what kind of bathing suit to get for the beach, and how to deal with the nasty case of ringworm I picked up at school (go ahead and cringe, I know, it's gross). I worked all day, came home and cooked dinner, went for hour-long walks with Sampson, and ended each night hanging out in the tub with a glass of wine and no worries as to how I was going to get back out. It's easy to be wistful when thinking about those carefree days, but I also distinctly remember that overwhelming feeling of "is this all there is?" Now, with our babies on the way, I'm bored and uncomfortable - and anxious about the future - but I no longer feel like something is missing, or that I don't know where I'm headed. I actually feel like I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be.

1 comment:

  1. I miss those nights of going out to a nice restaurant and having some wine, not caring about anything else. I suppose that will change, but for the better (at least from what I hear).

    It's never too late to learn to knit some simple baby booties! They take 1/2 each and feel like a major accomplishment :)

    ReplyDelete