I love Thursdays, because that's the day I get to count off another week of pregnancy. When the wait seems unbearable (which is pretty much all the time), it helps tremendously to be able to add another number to my weekly progress.
At 15 weeks, there is no longer any question as to whether or not I'm pregnant. Not that I've tried to keep it a secret (obviously), but at least three people (parents that I hadn't yet told) came up to me at school this week and said, "Oh my! You're expecting! I had no idea." Um, really? I know I wasn't thin to start with, but did people really think I was just packing on that much weight that fast? (And doesn't word generally travel much faster than that in a small school/office/company/whatever?) I guess I HAVE been wearing mostly baggy clothes to work, primarily for the comfort factor. But, baggy clothes or no, there's really no hiding it anymore. As the kids love to say, there are babies in there!! It's pretty much obvious to the world now.
As for work, it's become apparent this week that I'm almost done. My body is making it clear that it's ready to be resting at home all day, despite what our wallets are telling us. I'm attempting to make it to the end of January, but to be honest, I don't know if that's going to happen. I have a doctor's appointment coming up on Tuesday and I'm anxious to talk with them about everything I've been feeling recently. I'm going to see what their opinions are about work and consider their advice...but based on what my body is telling me right now, I'd say I'll do well to finish out the upcoming week. I'm sad to leave, worried about the inconvenience of leaving so quickly, and of course concerned about the boredom factor and the financial strain of not working, BUT...staying healthy, and thus keeping my babies healthy, is absolutely more important than any of those things.
Our first step in easing the financial stress: we've decided to become a one-car family for a while. Once I'm for sure done with work, we're going to be selling my Jeep back to Carmax. Although we just bought it in September and we'll still have a few payments to make after we sell it, we know it will save money in the long run. Eventually we'll probably be looking for a used van - or something van-sized with room for three carseats - with a smaller price tag, but for now, we'll be sharing Kevin's paid-off Corolla. It's going to be tough, but hey, so is everything else in our lives! Like everything else, we'll find a way to make it work.
I wish I could update everyone on the babies with this post, but that will have to wait. This is probably the longest I've gone without an ultrasound, and although there isn't one scheduled at my upcoming appointment on Tuesday, I might just demand one for reassurance. Now, the trick is to stay busy until then - hard to do for someone as impatient and anxious as me. Oh well. I'm going to be an expert at waiting by the time this is all over.
Our hospital tour is set for Monday! Should be interesting, especially since I can't walk for more than 10-15 minutes at a time without my left leg burning/tingling/going numb (the doc thinks my uterus is pressing on a nerve). Yep, I am definitely slowing down.
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment