Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Drumroll, please......

Yesterday I went in for what I thought was just an OB appointment, no ultrasound. But when they sent me into the ultrasound room anyway, I didn't argue. (What's another few hundred bucks added onto our already ridiculous medical bills? By the way, thanks again, insurance company. You rock.) So, I'm sitting there, anxiously waiting for them to pick up the heartbeat of Baby A when the tech asks very nonchalantly, "Do you want to know what you're having?"

I think I was just frozen for a good 5 minutes, at least. I didn't even bring Kevin to the appointment; we were NOT planning on obtaining this information until our big Anatomy Scan next week. I didn't want to find out without him there, but I knew I couldn't wait a whole week, so...I had them write down the genders and seal it up in an envelope that Kevin and I could open together. And as soon as I got out of that office, I drove straight to his work and called him to come outside. For some reason, we were both really nervous! It didn't help that they actually sealed up three separate envelopes, one for each baby. So, we took turns opening, and we learned that...

Baby A is a girl
Baby B is a girl
Baby C is a...................girl!!!

To which Kevin responded, "I love you! And, I guess this means we're not done yet."
To which I responded, "No comment."

Of course, we realize that sometimes things can "hide," but as of today, our triplets are little princesses! Bring on the pink! I'm trying to imagine what our house will be like 15 years from now when Prom Season rolls around, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. I'm just ecstatic that they're all still growing and still healthy. Can't wait to meet our girls!

1 comment:

  1. This is too sweet...I love that you wanted to find out with Kevin...Congrats...

    ReplyDelete