Today was my last official day at school, and I'm feeling a lot of mixed emotions. Leaving work now was not doctor's orders, merely a suggestion, but I just want to do the right thing to keep this pregnancy going smoothly and keep those babies healthy. I feel guilty, though; I'm wondering, did I leave too soon? Couldn't I have kept working a few more weeks? It was really hard saying good-bye to the kids; this is my second year with a lot of them. There were lots of little hugs and "I'll miss you's," and I promised to come visit and attend the Valentine's Day party in a couple of weeks. It's just hard, realizing I won't be part of their everyday activities in the class anymore. However, being a preschool teacher isn't a job you can really do from a chair, and despite my best efforts to move around the room with the children when I can, I've been spending a lot of time sitting lately. It doesn't seem right to get paid for that.
So...I guess for the next few months, I'm a lady of leisure! I'm not sure what my days will be like. I worry that Kevin will come home from work and I'll still be in my bathrobe, staring blankly at the TV. Of course, there's plenty to do to get ready for the babies. And I'll be keeping busy working on my new business venture selling purses and bags as a consultant for Thirty-One (shameless plug). Hopefully, I'll quickly get into some sort of a routine and not become a total couch potato if I can help it.
As for how I'm feeling, I have really good days and then some discouraging days when it seems like everything hurts and there is no way to get comfortable - not sitting, standing, or lying. I'm still managing to sleep pretty well for the most part after my previous little bout with insomnia (which was mostly due to congestion), for which I'm so thankful. I wake up a lot - sometimes screaming from leg cramps, which terrifies Kevin, poor guy - but I almost always go back to sleep. Physical therapy is a no-go for my back/leg/nerve issue due to my TERRIFIC insurance company, but...I just ordered a cheap-o $15 maternity belt off of Amazon and I have to say, so far it's fantastic!! It lifts up my ever-expanding belly and takes some of the pressure off my back. I was skeptical at first, but now I'd highly recommend it. I think I'm going to give swimming a try, too.
Finally, I just want to reiterate how thankful I am and how blessed I feel to know so many generous, thoughtful, wonderful people! We just keep getting all this free baby stuff that people aren't using anymore. I LOVE going through all the clothes. I can't wait until there are little wiggly bodies in those outfits that I can snuggle!
Friday, January 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment