Did I really think I could carry three babies and not get stretch marks?
No, I didn't. I've been expecting them, so they don't really bother me all that much. I figure I'm going to walk away from this experience with quite a few battle scars. Considering the way I used to feel about weight and body image when I was younger, it's surprising just how OK with that I am. Maybe it's because my body is actually doing something really cool. And also because it's taken four years to get these babies, and the next couple of months are going to be the hardest leg of the journey. I'm earning my battle scars. I think I'm going to be kind of proud of them.
Of course, my stomach has a lot more stretching to do....
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you look great babe I'm so proud of you
ReplyDeleteOh man, I hear you! I already had marks, but now that I've gained back all 40lbs I'd lost, and mostly right in the belly, I'm expecting that I'll get plenty more. It's hard to imagine how big we're going to get isn't it?
ReplyDeleteAmen Sister, I feel the same way. I'm slightly proud of them. Mine aren't that bad..... Love ya girl
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your attitude! Funny, while i'm not looking forward to stretch marks, I'm not really afraid of them either.
ReplyDelete