
Almost at 25 weeks...I have officially gained around 30 pounds! I had the best encounter with a lovely elderly couple on the elevator at my doctor's office yesterday. They just kept smiling at me, and finally the man just said, "When?"
"You'd be surprised," I told him.
When I explained, they were so genuinely excited for me. They didn't look horrified or act like they didn't believe me, which are the responses I often get when I explain the situation to strangers who ask me if I'm due tomorrow. Instead, they clapped their hands and laughed, congratulated me, and wished me good luck. When I got off the elevator, I could still hear them saying, "Triplets! Can you imagine? How wonderful..." No snide remarks, no "What are you going to do?!," no ridiculous comments about how I'll have my hands full. And best of all, no "Are they natural?" They were so sweet!
Hey good lookin what ya got cookin? You didn't tell me that but it's nice to hear. I think at their age they realize what life is really about. It's about family and loved one's not material things. People our age don't get that but we do and we know how lucky we are.
ReplyDeleteHow Sweet! I'm glad you had such a nice encounter. I think older people just know more than we do. I'm also glad you got such a good report at the doctor on the babies' weights. I hope they hang in there. :)
ReplyDeleteOh and you look so cute! All belly. :)
That's awesome!! You and Kevin are going to be such great parents!
ReplyDelete