Just got back from the doctor's office and finally learned the babies' weights. Baby A, Reagan, is 1 lb 9 oz; both B (Hadley) and C (Madeline) are 1 lb 14 oz each. That's over 5 lbs of baby in there, folks! (No wonder my body hurts.) My cervix is still holding strong, down to 4.1 from 4.5 two weeks ago, but still good. I asked the doctor if there was anything I could do or not do to keep it that way; he asked about my current activity level and thought I had a good balance of time spent with my feet up and time walking around, so he just wants me to keep doing what I'm doing. No talk of bed rest yet - please, let it stay that way! I rest a lot during the day anyway, and I really believe that's helping everything go so smoothly. (That, and a little luck, and a lot of prayer.) They still want to see me every two weeks for now until I hit 28 weeks, unless something unexpected comes up in the meantime. At my 28 week appointment, I'll have to do the glucose tolerance test to screen for gestational diabetes. They don't do it any sooner than that with triplets because there just isn't enough data on triplets to determine what is a "good" amount of glucose. They are much less worried about it than I am...so I guess I'll keep drinking my lemonade and enjoying my Moose Tracks ice cream for a while!
Studies show that babies can hear sounds outside the womb at this point, so I've started reading to them (Charlotte's Web!) and spending lots of time playing music and singing to them. I sing everything from Jesus Loves Me to Pearl Jam (of course, they're daddy's girls) to mommy and daddy's wedding song (The Luckiest - Ben Folds). I'm thinking today would be a good day to introduce them to Dolly Parton. Who knows what kind of musical taste they'll end up with? Might as well expose them to all the best right from the beginning.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Of course you can't go wrong with Guns and Roses either! Our little girl was exposed to all genres, Hip Hop, Rap, Bluegrass, Alternative, Metal, Easy Listening, so forth and so on. I sang to Dorothy this morning "Baby Mine" and she looked at me like she recognized the song.
ReplyDelete