
Let's think of this as the "before" picture. Last weekend, we (and by we I mean Kevin) started bringing all the baby stuff we've acquired out of the attic and closets and decided to just dump it all in the floor of the nursery. Since then, we've actually been lucky enough to add more to the pile, thanks to the amazing staff and parents from my school, who held a shower in my honor on Thursday. It was so nice to see everyone; the food was delicious, they waited on me hand and foot (which I am getting way too accustomed to, I'm afraid), and gave us some really generous gifts...including a triple jogging stroller!!! I just can't get over how blessed we are to have the friends and family that we do. Everyone has done so much to help us out and we are so grateful. Sometimes all of this just seems too good to be true, and I kind of feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, but that kind of thinking doesn't do anybody any good. Positive thoughts! All I have to do is look around, and focus on how far we've come, and that makes it easier to chase the doubts away.
(Here I am cheesin' at my shower...I think I'm starting to love being the center of attention)

Hopefully we can use this gorgeous Sunday to get some work done on the babies' room, although all I really want to do is sit outside in the sunshine. Kevin's under the weather and I'm as big as a house, but maybe we'll at least get a little organizing done today. Can't wait to post the "after" pictures...but it could be a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment