The chiropractor is helping! I'm finally feeling some relief in my leg. This time last week I was having meltdowns every night before bed because of the pain. It is much, much better than it was. I can walk more and I sleep better, and it no longer feels like someone is shredding my thigh with a knife. All good things! That said, I still cringe and say a silent prayer every time the chiropractor pushes on my lower back to adjust my pelvis (this is while I'm lying face down on a hard table, but it does have a hole cut out for my belly) because I still have irrational fears that he'll hurt the babies. But, my high-risk OB reassured me again that it was fine, and I still feel everybody moving around in there as always, and since it does seem to be helping, I'll be sticking with it. Right now the chiro has me coming in three times a week, but I'm hoping I can start coming less as I make progress. As long as he can keep easing my leg pain, if I have to tap into my retirement to pay the man, so be it. I don't know how people live with chronic pain. At least I've always known there was an end in sight, even if it's a few months down the road. My heart goes out to people who suffer and have no way to find relief.
I tried to scan in some ultrasound pictures, but there's some issue with our scanner and so far it's not working. Maybe if I'm bored later (and chances of that are looking pretty good), I'll take an actual photo of the ultrasound pictures and try to upload those. The quality won't be great, but it's something.
After much discussion, we decided that it makes the most sense for us to stay put in our house until after the babies come. The primary reason is that Kevin's office is only 15 minutes away, and we're only a few miles from the interstate that is our most direct route to the hospital. This works out well in the event that I need him to get here fast. I would hate to imagine having some complication and having to wait for him to drive from his work to the outskirts of nowhere (where we could get more house for our money) to get me, and then still having to drive all the way back to the hospital. I know it will be hectic (and crowded), but we'll be just fine having the babies here for the first several months. Our "helpers" might be on air mattresses on the floor, but they've waited a long time for grandchildren. I doubt they'll complain.
Friday, February 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's great that the chiropractor is helping! I know what you mean about going even if you have to tap into retirement savings. Chronic pain is a bitch. I go to my masseuse every other week for my shoulder (and now for pregnancy pains) and wouldn't trade that for the world right now!!
ReplyDelete