So, I'm not sure how much "nesting" I'm actually going to get done since I'm already loping around the house like a big elephant. But I'm certainly in the mood to nest. I totally (and randomly) threw out my idea for the nursery a couple of days ago, which was going to be based on a woodland animal crib set I found at Target and had actually already put on my registry. All because someone gave me the cutest little baby shirt with a ladybug on it! Now, all I can think about are ladybugs...and how sweet a ladybug theme would look in our nursery (which by the way, is currently a guest room/office and the only other bedroom besides our own; rearranging is going to be very interesting). We've decided to leave the walls light blue; I think the red from the ladybugs will look great next to that color. I'm so proud of Kevin, who put our (first) crib together - without instructions, I might add. It looks great! (Just wondering where we're going to put the other two, when we get them.)
I've also been in the mood to clean. Amazing, huh? Who would have thought? Of course, it's easy to be in the mood to clean when you can use the excuse of not being able to bend and reach all by yourself, and thus needing help. Thankfully, my mom and mamaw were able to fight the snow and make it down for a few days last week. They cleaned my house, cooked for us (including Mamaw's soup beans and cornbread, mmmm), drove me around, and helped me organize and label all of the baby clothes we've gotten. It was wonderful! I was pretty sad to see them go, and moped around for the next two days after they left. Being home by myself all day is taking some getting used to. I always dreamed of "not working" but it's actually not as much fun as it sounds.
Lately, I've noticed a strange phenomenon: there are never any clean spoons in our house. We might have a drawer full of clean spoons one day, then the next day they're all in the dishwasher again. I finally figured it out. Every food I crave is something you eat with a spoon: cereal, pudding, ice cream, yogurt, mandarin oranges, soup. We're going to have to buy a big box of plastic ones to get me through the next few months.
And though this is totally unrelated to nesting or spoons, I want to share my joy at having discovered a way to experience temporary relief from my discomforts: swimming (well, "pool walking")! I went with a friend yesterday to an indoor pool complex. It was heavenly! I did some research, and our town's aquatic center is about the same price as the one I visited yesterday and is only a few miles from my house. I may be there every day next week!
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete