Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Great Doctor's Visit!

I feel like celebrating! I've had a lot of concerns on my mind the last few days with different feelings I've been having, and of course I worry way too much. Going to the doc today put my mind at ease, though. So far, so good! The babies were measuring right on target for their gestational age, and everybody was cute and wiggly. They finally got a good look at Baby A's heart, and it looked fine. Whew!

As for me, my biggest concern is my leg, and while my doctor is sympathetic, she's not too worried because she knows it won't affect the babies or my long term health. My blood pressure is normal - actually down a little from last time - and my cervix is nice and long (a shortening cervix is sometimes the result of the weight of all the babies in a multiple pregnancy and can be a precursor for preterm labor, which is my biggest fear right now). I was right about one thing: I WAS having contractions over the weekend, but they were Braxton-Hicks, the safe "practice" kind, not the scary kind. As long as they are not coming more than 4 per hour, I've been told not to worry. I've officially gained 21 pounds at this point, and probably a little more, actually, since I was already about 7 or 8 weeks along when they first recorded my weight. I've never before been glad to be gaining weight, so this is a first. The bigger I am, the bigger the babies will be, and that's what we want with premature babies. I am, however, making it a goal to lay off the cake and ice cream a little, even though that's what I crave! I'm worried about my sugar intake. I don't want to overload these gals with sweets.

We looked into selling our Jeep back to Carmax last night and officially becoming a one car family, but the price they offered was lower than we'd expected. We'd essentially still owe $3,000 on it. Since the point was to not have a second car payment, we're not sure it would be worth it, since we'd still be making payments for quite a while and have no car to show for it. We're still considering all the options, but I was counting on that as a way to save money each month. We'll figure something out.

I stopped by school today to deliver some purses that someone had ordered (Thirty-One! You should check it out!) and was stampeded by little people, who were outside for PE. I was happy to get lots of hugs, and it made me miss them a lot. I can't wait until I'm taking my babies there to show them off.

No comments:

Post a Comment