Monday, February 22, 2010

SURPRISE!

It was a busy weekend for a traveling saleswoman such as myself. I had two Thirty-One parties booked, one on Saturday and another on Sunday. Or so I thought.

Saturday's party went well...I met some very nice women, sold some bags and had a lot of fun. Feeling successful, I couldn't wait for a repeat scenario on Sunday. So imagine how incompetent I felt when I arrived at the home of my "hostess," my dear friend Heather, and discovered all these cars already in the driveway. I walked in prepared with some kind of lame one-liner about the consultant arriving late, and was met with...pink baby shower decorations and shouts of "SURPRISE!"

Talk about being the last to know. My friends, my husband, even my mom in another state knew all about the surprise shower. I really did think I was just there to sell purses! I guess I really am that oblivious. But the shower was way better than a purse party. Great friends, great food, and wonderful gifts for three very lucky little girls - and me, sitting with my mouth open for the first 10 minutes or so while I processed everything. After all that it didn't seem right to break out the tote bags, but they insisted I give my spiel, and then they shopped anyway. I love my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment