I'm so happy to hit 22 weeks! But...it feels like time is slowing down! Of course, when your sole focus is on making the time pass, it doesn't usually pass that quickly. I try to keep my mind occupied, but some days that's easier said than done. It's exciting knowing that 1.) I've made it so far and am still doing really well, or at least according to my last doctor's visit, and 2.) I only have two weeks to go to that magic "viability" point. (I hate that word. I know why they have to use it, but I just don't like it.) I like to pretend I'll relax when I get that far, but come on folks, we all know that I will probably never fully relax until I hear 'em cry, and then the cycle will start over and I'll have a bunch of new worries! Ah, such is life.
I think I need to take a break from the pregnancy forums and message boards I frequent; it's just too overwhelming. If you think about it, most people only post on those sites when they're having a problem or are concerned about something. Lately, it seems like every day brings a new horror story: preterm contractions that have to be stopped with medication, cerclages (a surgical procedure that stitches the cervix shut if it starts to shorten or dilate too soon), complete bed rest (which in some cases can mean bed pans and sponge baths), and hospitalization for various and sundry complications. These stories are coming from women who are at around the same stages of their pregnancies as I am - and a lot of them are moms expecting twins, not just triplet moms. In fact, one group member actually did have her twins last week - thankfully she was at 24 weeks and so far the babies are hanging in there. I feel for these ladies, but everything I read convinces me that the same thing will happen to me. I just don't think it's good for me to get too immersed in all that at a time when I need to be in my best possible frame of mind. I'm thankful every day that I'm doing as well as I am. I just hope and pray that it continues for a while! Every time I feel something new, which is pretty much every day, I debate calling the doctor to see if I can come in sooner than my scheduled appointment. At some point in the near future, I'll start having appointments every week instead of every two. I can't say I'm not looking forward to that.
Kevin says my "only job right now is to grow these babies." That helps me put it into perspective when the days seem endless. This is the hardest job I've ever had! But I'm so happy for the opportunity.
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
happy 22 weeks sweet thang! i can't wait to come home and see you
ReplyDeleteI just hit the 22 mark as well, and I can't believe that some people are giving birth already. I think I know who you're talking about...I've been on the same boards as you :) I look at my belly and think that I'm simply not big enough to be carrying two people that could survive if I were to give birth now.
ReplyDeleteI'm on there practically every night and have to wean myself off...it seems like some people are on there day and night, many of them not even pregnant, but they are trying to get pregnant. Crazy!
We just have to lay back and relax, I guess that's our job right now. Everything will be fine!
Pregnant Lady - I'm not doing well at keeping away from the message boards! They're too addictive!
ReplyDelete