On this day three years ago, I said good-bye to my first little one. I had only known I was pregnant for nine days, which barely seemed like enough time to process the idea. But it was still plenty of time to fall in love with that little life.
I remember writing about this on another blog just last year. I wrote, "I'm no closer to being a mother than I was two years ago." Even then, I honestly thought we might never become parents. And if anyone had told me just how different things would be on this day THIS year, I would not have believed them. Today I remember my first baby; I know I always will. But today I am also so very thankful for second chances!
Monday, March 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love you.
ReplyDeleteLife is amazing isn't it? This time last year I didn't even want to be a mommy, just an aunt. This time last year, my sister lost her newborn to her birthmother.
ReplyDeleteAll in a year the three of us have become mommies! I repeat, I love life!