If I could dance, I would. I've made it to that major milestone, 28 weeks!! I remember when it seemed so far away. Now I'm looking ahead and thinking, I could be having these babies in a few weeks! Most of the moms on my online triplets board who've already had their babies delivered between 29 and 35 weeks. People have been telling me "you're almost there" for a while, but I'm actually starting to believe it.
I feel the babies move almost all the time now and I love it. Well, for the most part. I love the kicks and jumps and the slow rolls that make little waves move across my belly. What I don't love is when I get pummeled in the cervix/bladder area. Ouch. Still, if they're moving, it tells me they're OK, and that makes me a very happy mama. When they're "resting" and I don't feel much for a while, I get uneasy. Luckily, it doesn't usually take long for at least one of these little monkeys to start up her acrobatics again.
The nursery is coming together; we got all of the stuff out of the middle of the floor and into dresser drawers and closets. All of the newborn - 3 months sized clothes are washed and ready to go. Diapers are stacked neatly in the corner until we figure out a better storage plan. And, my mother-in-law found us two beautiful Pali cribs on Craigslist for an amazing deal and snatched them up. Those should be delivered in a couple of weeks, so if all goes according to plan, we'll soon be putting the finishing touches on the room and I'll post some "after" pictures. Yay!
So now that I've followed good teacher-like etiquette and focused on the positive first, I get to complain a little. (I know, what else is new, right? Wait, I'm growing three people. Don't judge.) I'm hot. I'm huge. My belly hurts every time I stand up. Or walk. Or attempt to move. I can't take a full breath. My back is never going to be the same again. I have a constant thirst coupled with a constant need to pee. And it feels like I have stretch marks from my waist to my neck. I still try to tell myself they're battle scars, but it's starting to look like I lost the battle. Yikes.
But...I still wouldn't trade this experience for anything. (Or at least that's my attitude for today. We'll see how I'm feeling when we get to 29 weeks, God-willing. I may be writhing on the floor begging for mercy by then.) Every second of this pregnancy is a blessing. I may forget that on occasion, but let me not forget how much I wanted this and how long I waited for it.
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
28 WEEKS..wohoooo!!! You ARE almost there. I know what you mean about the babies moving/not moving. I'm not to the point yet where I wish they would calm down and their kicking doesn't bother me, but when I don't feel them, I wonder what's going on. I wish I worked in a hospital so I could sneak in an ultrasound once in a while!
ReplyDelete2 more weeks and you'll be where I was with Dorothy, 3 more weeks and you'll pass me, wow time does fly! And always remember, little girls are strong! Good luck through the rest of your pregnancy. We love ya!
ReplyDelete