Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Officially Handicapped

Today was another doctor day! I STILL can't convince them to see me once a week (which I acknowledge is a good thing, but the two weeks of waiting drive me batty). So, my next appointment is two weeks from today, and then after that I'll finally start going in every week. I can't even imagine what I will look and feel like at that point. Let's not think about it.

I have now gained 40 lbs.

I am now carrying 9 lbs 6 ounces of baby.

Reagan appears to be the runt at 2 lbs 12 oz, Hadley weighs 3 lbs 3 oz, and Madeline is our little chunker at 3 lbs 7 oz. The doctor isn't worried about the weight discrepancy. He says everybody is right on target.

Miraculously, despite the 9 plus pounds of constant pressure, my cervix is still closed and 3.1 cm long. Thus, the doctors aren't expecting much action anytime soon. Funny, 'cause last night I was sure labor was imminent based on the cramping and dull ache in my pelvis and lower back. Apparently, this is normal. I can't wait to see what's "normal" when I hit 30 weeks and beyond. After all my fears about preterm labor, why do I suddenly get the feeling that it will be late May and I'll be begging them to take these babies out?! Although it would be fantastic and is in fact what we're shooting for, I may need to be sedated if that happens. I can do this!

Oh, and I'm officially handicapped, at least temporarily. The doctor filled out a form for me to get a temporary handicapped tag for the car (you know, for all the driving and running around I do). Under explanation, she checked the box that read "applicant cannot walk more than 200 ft without stopping to rest." For some reason this is super funny to me.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, so glad your apointment went well!! I'm SO impressed at how well the babies are growing and your cervical length. And the fact that you get a handicapped tag? TOO funny!

    I know what you mean about going in so infrequently. I had to ask my midwife specifically to come in in two weeks to get a cervical length check, otherwise she'd let me go 4 weeks without one...crazy!!! Maybe it's because there are so many woman on our boards that go in so frequently that we feel like it's the norm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear that your appointment went so well and that everything is coming along nicely! :) And I kind of laughed at the handicapped tag, too. I'm not really sure why. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy to hear all is well. You made me chuckle at that last sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your girls are good sizes My Dorothy was just 2lbs 9oz at 30 weeks. She always registered small.

    ReplyDelete