Monday, April 19, 2010

A few random tidbits

Just a few thoughts on this beautiful (but somewhat long and lonely) Monday...

*I think I have carpal tunnel! Just one more weird pregnancy symptom/side effect that I never would have expected. It started out as extreme wrist pain but now it's mostly in my fingers. I tried to write a thank you note and could barely grip the pen. Doesn't help that my fingers are swollen up so much that they look like small sausages.

*On the positive side, I think I'm going to have some killer triceps after this from pushing myself up off the couch/bed. They've been really sore for a few days (because I have to push a lot harder now to get up!) and feel the way they did waaaaay back when I used to work out.

*I ordered the hospital-recommended breast pump last night and I'm extremely excited about it! I might be less enthused once I start using it for hours a day but that's not something I'm focusing on right now. I debated a long time about renting vs. buying (and buying new vs. used) and decided that this was going to be a pretty important piece of equipment for feeding three babies, so the investment seemed worth it. Although it was expensive to buy it new, I found a pretty good deal on Amazon, and I'm happy that I'll have the warranty. For all the use it will get, I felt like it was crucial to have one with a full life ahead of it. I figure the better the pump quality, the less we'll have to spend on supplemental formula, or so I hope.

*I'm in serious nesting mode! My in-laws visited over the weekend and brought the last two cribs and the double Snap-n-Go they found for us. They helped put the cribs together and built shelves in our closets. All the nursery furniture is in place where I want it to be, and all we have left are some finishing touches...mostly hanging a few things on the walls and getting all the crib bedding put on. Pictures coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. What breast pump did you buy? Is it a double pump? I've been debating buying one becuase I'm going to try to breastfeed, but not sure how long I'll do it for and not sure if it will be worth the investment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the Medela Pump in Style Advanced. When I took the hospital tour they told me that if I didn't rent a hospital-grade, then that would be the model I'd need to get to keep up enough of a supply for triplets. (But they also told me I'd have to supplement w/ formula anyway so go figure.) I went back and forth on the issue. I know some lactation groups will rent them out for a reasonable monthly rate. I also briefly considered getting a used one (they're on Craigslist all the time) and just buying new attachments and tubes. So those are some things you might want to consider if you're not sure! It's a lot to think about!

    ReplyDelete